updates

02.01 -- Just did a member cleanup. See the announcement for more details!

staff
ANTARES (admin)
PHERROS (admin)
JACE (tech executive mod)
TROYLUS (board executive mod)
GABBA (promotions mod)
statistics
MASTERS M F
Deviant 21 09
Sadist 13 05
Professional 14 12
Slaver 09 02
Lord 16 10
Caretaker 15 13
TOTALS 88 51
Neutral 16 21

SLAVES M F
toy 32 34
masochist 10 08
worker 18 11
slave 14 24
servant 11 13
pet 21 28
TOTALS 106 118

quick change

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew Topic

It wasn't Me (X)
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 01:39 PM
Currently looking for musically talented slaves (or those to turn into slaves) to exploit their talent for profit.

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

People often mistook Mercer's impulsive nature as being stupid. It was true he had a lot of stupid decisions but part of the benefit of being a devious bastard was that you knew how such people thought in generally. That was part of the reason he'd hired the two big Okul security guys for the front door of the bar, and why he was so picky about who worked behind it. But his life wasn't really one that had engendered a whole lot of trust and having witness, and benefited, from the somewhat lax security under the old management he'd decided to keep an eye on things even when he wasn't there. To that end he'd repurposed the manager's old security holo-cameras to cover the liquor storage,complete with a computer program he'd picked up that made sure the current inventory matched what was recorded by the staff (minus whatever he drank himself of course,) and to cover the credit transaction terminal to make sure no one was skimming or trying to hide their tips too blatantly.

He didn't review the footage all that often, not unless the program flagged something as odd. In this case he'd fired up the recording around the time of a transaction that had occurred at the terminal when the bar wasn't even open. It was always possible that Elora or one of the bartenders had needed to pay off a vendor making a delivery and just hadn't had a chance to log it in so as he enjoyed his before noon whiskey he keyed up the recording on his personal com to give it a once over before having a talk with whomever it was. They were likely to get off fairly, he was in a rather good mood after last night, and feeling a bit more optimistic about the world in general. Sure this wasn't exactly what he wanted out of his life, but perhaps Elora was right and as fallback plans were concerned this wasn't so terrible. Could it be he was actually... happy, what did happy feel like precisely?

He was even pretty happy with her at the moment, had even made her a proper breakfast the way he had during those early days. He'd been giddy over his plan working out then and hadn't really given a whole lot of thought to how to handle things going forward; he still didn't, but wasn't so sure any longer that he needed to be. She seemed to be more content that she had and accepting of her life and role--- hell and if last night was any indication even able to enjoy herself on occasion if he did pluck up his ego to say so himself.

"I speak and she appears," he chuckled watching an image of Elora step onto the security feed as he took a couple of sips from his glass. That had been yesterday, he thought a bit darkly, back when those people had been here performing. If you could call it that. Elora had been behind the bar getting things ready for them to open in a couple of hours--- dimly he heard the crash. In his memory he remembered her rushing to his side and sticking up for her 'Master' in the face of the incompetents he'd been cursed with, but as he watched he remembered the old phrase about memories being tiny lies we tell ourselves to make our lives make sense. He watched as Elora stuck a blank credit stick into the terminal withdrew it and then went to his side. But played back that seemed almost like an afterthought, a stop over on her way towards the members of the band he was busy shouting with. She'd stolen... from him! She'd stolen from him and then pretended nothing was the matter at all!

Mercer watched the recording again. Again. Again. His glass of whiskey became three, six, most of the bottle and all the while he felt that little feeling of satisfaction and contentment wither away slithering back under the dark shadows of his mind. Was she planning something against him? Hoping to steal credits overtime... perhaps to pay to get away from him? His jaw ached and he realized he'd been clenching his teeth hard and forced them apart slowly rubbing his unshaven jawline as he worked his chin around in little circles to ease the sensation.

He needed to find out.

(738)

@Elora Sol
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 03:01 AM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

It had been another great night, after a very pleasant day, and Elora was in a good mood. Life was looking up. Her body ached in a rather pleasant way from the night before, and even the bruises on her ass weren't as bad as they had been the previous evening. Perhaps it was just a factor of having slept the night in the bed rather than in her cage, but deep down she knew that wasn't all of it. She'd been relaxed, and warm, snuggled up with Mercer as she fell asleep.
She'd slept late, spent the day pottering about pleasantly, organising some of the things that still needed to be sorted out from their move.

Mercer had followed a similar pattern to the previous evening, minus the foul mood and sulking. He'd let her open the bar, put in a very brief appearance in the middle of the evening, just as things were picking up, and then vanished back to their apartment, leaving her to run things in his absence. Elora was finding that it was easy to get into the swing of things, easy to take control of this team she and Mercer had made. Even one of the waitresses calling up to quit an hour before opening hadn't really phased her. The other girls would be able to cover the load, she was confident, and she just made a note to ask Mercer to set up another interview for a new waitress sometime in the next week.

She was tired, but less tired than she had been on the previous two evenings, as she made her way upstairs that night. Pushing the apartment door open, her eyes scanned for Mercer, a smile already on her face, 'You missed two of the waitresses accidentally bumping into each other and dropping two trays of drinks over the both of them. I'm thinking we might have to install a shower in the storeroom downstairs so the poor things can wash all before they go home. Venus' hair was dripping beer for an hour and she still looked sticky at closing time.

She was halfway over to him before she took in the state of him, tense and moody looking, the mostly empty bottle beside him wasn't a good sign. Elora paid attention to how full all the bottles in the apartment were, as often it was the only way to know how much Mercer had drunk. Apparently a lot. 'What's the matter?' she asked, her own smile faltering.

(419)

PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 08:09 AM
Currently looking for musically talented slaves (or those to turn into slaves) to exploit their talent for profit.

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

Mercer just stared at Elora for a good minute trying to reconcile the apparently carefree figure who'd walked into the room with the duplicitous creature he'd seen on the security feed; it was difficult to do. Had she been so nice last night to cover her tracks... had he missed so completely her ability to hide her motivations and true feelings? If so she certainly had a lot more gumption that he'd given her credit for to this point... taken the beatings perhaps even deliberately messing up all to set herself up for this act that would enable her escape. Then again, if she was really that secretly skilled in subterfuge there might even be a darker aspect at work; could she have been a plant all along? Perhaps his producers had wanted to make sure he could never succeed and sent someone in his path who knew how to draw his interest to make sure he never accomplished a return. Making him 'content' with his lot?

Finally he drew a breath and set down the mostly empty glass he'd been holding his hand when she entered. Instead of answering verbally Mercer slowly turned his terminal towards her so that she could watch the security holo he'd been watching on loop for over an hour now. It no less shocked him now than the first time and he hadn't seemed to be able to tear himself away from the endless loop; he wasn't capable of admitting it to himself, but he was hoping that some tiny detail would make itself clear to put a different perspective on the whole thing other than 'she stole from me.'

"I've had... a revelatory evening," he said finally taking a moment to glance out of the window beside the small table that was the normal eating space for the pair of them. "I'll only ask you this once, if I check the books dating back to the start of the renovations will I find more credits vanishing this way?"

(335)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 05:11 AM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

Mercer was staring at her in a way that was entirely disconcerting, and Elora felt her good mood fading as she took in his appearance, the empty bottle, and his grim expression. Whatever was going on in his head, she wasn't going to make it worse by trying to second guess. Instead she stood frozen, caught in his gaze. Her eyes widened as he finally turned the terminal so she could see the screen, and she swallowed hard, not trusting herself to speak.

This was not how she had wanted Mercer to find out about this, if he found out at all. Things had been going so well, and now it was all at risk of being ruined. She kept a lid on her fear, knowing she was only going to have one shot at this, and slowly she closed the distance between them, eyes turned to his, putting every bit of sincerity into her voice as she could, 'No, Master. You won't.' She wouldn't waste her time begging, or on pathetic excuses. She would give him the truth, and take the consequences for her actions. As terrifying as that concept was. 'I... I got scared, Master. You were so cross at that band, and at first you were just showing them up, and that was, well... kind of funny. But then you broke her instrument, and...' she swallowed, thinking back to that moment. The words tumbled from her lips, needing to get out before he told her to shut up, or interrupted, 'The plan for the bar means so much to you, and I didn't want everything you were dreaming of to be ruined by those shitty people. I was worried, that if they went away, complained loud enough about you smashing the instrument and turning them away, I worried that maybe the right musician, the perfect one you've been waiting for, they might get scared of. Or that your old managers might hear about it on the grapevine and try to get their claws into what you're doing here. So... I took the money, and paid her off, but I swear I was going to tell you, and you can check, my tips from last night and the night before, I already added them back into the bar account, even though you said I could keep them, because I wanted to pay it back. And I know I should have told you right away, but you seemed... not happy, and I didn't want to make it worse, and then you did seem happy and I didn't want to ruin that... I didn't know how to tell you. I thought I could pay it back and then tell you and you wouldn't mind. I'm so sorry.' She wasn't sure what else she could do to make him believe her, or to stop that fragile trust that she'd build back up from shattering and she dropped to her knees in front of him with a quiet little sob.

(498)

PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 01:18 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

In all of his, still limited, research about training slaves he'd yet to encounter the answer to the question that was currently buzzing around in his head; how do you tell when they're lying? It was really the age old question that anyone 'in charge' had dealt with, once you had impressed upon someone that they wanted to avoid the consequences of disobedience the natural impulse was to lie to avoid that outcome if you fell short, wasn't it? He supposed the key lie in discovering a few of those lies and punishing them even worse than the original mistake would've been until even the thought of lying made someone quiver and quake with dread. The trouble was tracking down that lie in the first place he guessed and knowing how to make that possible. He could hit her, take off his belt, he'd even tied her up a few times but he wasn't exactly an expert in creative torment. He was just an asshole with a temper.

"So just to be clear then, you thought it was better that I have a reputation as a push over who could be taken advantage of, or as someone who had no control over the actions of his slave," he nodded as though he understood and then watched her for a few more silent moments as she went to her knees and cried. It would easy to just let this slide, to ignore it, pretend it hadn't happened, but what would she decide on her own next? She'd come to accept (reluctantly) that she was a slave and even tried to make the most of it, but this kind of spontaneous decision making... however intended... he wasn't sure that was good for either of them in the long run. Besides he was hurt by what she had done. He'd tried giving her a little more responsibility even after she drew a knife on him, even tried to give her gifts and insure she enjoyed some of their times together.

And he was angry. He knew that, could feel the urge to rant and rage and for maybe the first time in his life he hadn't randomly thundered the moment his blood pressure went up with it. Perhaps it was the length of time he'd sat here with it, or maybe it was just that he wasn't accustomed to being in a position where he could be emotionally damaged by the actions of another (being in general so already damaged) and it had a slightly shocking effect which had immobilized him for a good length of time. Then again maybe his almost killing her in a blind rage had perversely made him a better person at least in the short term? Part of him even knew she was right in a way, he had been furious with that band (justifiably as far as he was concerned) and on rethinking the situation her stated actions did seem to sync up nicely with the sudden dissolving of the mounting tension.

"I'm disappointed," he sighed and rubbed at his face with one ring covered hand and finally glanced out from between two of his fingers,"I don't want to look at you right now, go downstairs, do inventory something just get out of my sight. I'll call you up when I'm ready to discuss this further."

(559)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 06:09 AM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

Elora was afraid. So very afraid of Mercer, and even more, she was afraid of losing what she had, what she had gained. Mercer's trust, and affection were worth more in this life than anything else, because they were the foundation from which everything else stemmed. She couldn't afford to lose it, and so she didn't excuse, or beg, she did her best to tell him the truth and throw herself on his mercy, if he had any, praying that she would be brave enough to face his punishment, whatever it was.

'Yes, Master,' she answered, sounding frightened but trying to speak reasonably. 'I thought it was better that you were seen to have a temper but be ultimately fair. I'm your slave. My actions are an extension of your will. Nobody... I mean, they won't think that you have no control over me. They'll only remember that they got the money.' She didn't expect that the shocked and angry musicians would remember the exact details that clearly. They'd remember the instrument being broken, and that they left with money for a new one. Right? Surely Mercer had to see that she'd had his best interests at heart, right? She itched to argue her case more, to point out how unnecessary it was for him to be angry, but she didn't. Another lesson she'd learned, apparently.

On her knees in front of him, she expected at any second to be hit, or for him to start taking his belt off, or order her into some compromising position, but it didn't happen. He seemed... unnaturally calm, for him. Especially as drunk as she suspected he was. But he dismissed her, unwilling to look at her or deal with her, but previously he would have locked her in her cage, or chained her and he would have been the one to leave. She didn't need to be told twice, scrambling to her feet, wiping at her tear stained face and hurrying backwards towards the door, 'Yes, Master. Thank you. I'm sorry. I... I'll be downstairs.'

Elora fled down the stairs into the bar, shaking with nerves by the time she got to the bottom. It was dark, and she retreated into the office, leaving the door open and switching the office light on. He'd told her to do work, but her mind was jumping all over the place, unable to focus. Had she been wrong? Should she have let Mercer smash the instrument? Or was she mistaken about her own motives? She didn't think so. They were trying to attract musicians, and having word get around that a bad audition for Mercer Amsterdam left you not only without a job, but also out the cost of replacing your instrument, and possibly losing money from other performances in the mean time, well, she couldn't see how that would help Mercer's plans at all. She also couldn't believe that she'd gotten away without any kind of punishment. For a slave of Mercer Amsterdam it seemed far too good to be true. He'd belted her for misspeaking his name, half drowned her for defiance, and she was filled with sudden dread at the thought of whatever punishment was surely to come. Mercer's pride, she was sure, was far greater than his mercy, and he was unlikely to let this go without some kind of "lesson" to her.

If he didn't send for her, or come for her, exhaustion would claim her, and she would spend the rest of the evening sleeping fitfully, curled up in the managers chair.

(593)

PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 03:17 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

Elora wouldn't have all night to wait, but it would be several hours. During this time as much as Elora was searching for explanations to his odd reactions and the exact reasons for them he was doing much the same. Just sitting in a chair, facing a window looking out over the small slice of Achenar that he could see; he'd wanted a spaceport view given the bar's location but that had been simply impossible for a number of reasons (their building was far too small for one.) But on occasion if a ship took the right flight path he could just make out the glow of its engines against the clouds as it rose up through the atmosphere off on its journey. Surely that trip was entirely mundane, some boring errand or delivery, but that didn't stop his mind from turning over the semi-romantic possibilities into a fanciful story that burst into being in his head and vanished just as fast.

Mercer was prone to such flights of fancy. He supposed they came from being an 'artist' or whatever one wanted to call it. He didn't personally consider what he did 'art' he found that grouping of so many terms into that blanket category odd. He was a musician, and had no need to vie for relevancy with painters, sculptors or their ilk. Still, if there was one thing he had in common with such people was the bewildering ability to be creatively inspired by the most mundane and trivial of things in the world; an everyday object, a bowl of fruit, a face, a kiss... It was here he supposed that those who'd originally performed that lumping had a point. Their mediums differed, but the inspiration found in the everyday small dramas of life were often the same.

This should have been one of those moments, but it wasn't. Instead he simply sat there, much as he had in the hours before Elora had come upstairs, and stared blankly out of the window catching the occasional glow he usually searched for. He'd poured himself another drink after she had turned and left after making a partial apology or justification... it had been a little bit of both, but hadn't touched it. Just kept rotating the glass slowly around on the table creating a soft scraping sound where its rounded edge met the surface. Part of his problem was of course the realization that this felt personal far more than it should. Elora was his slave, and further a person whose refusal to engage with him had led him to blackmail her into slavery, it wasn't as though she owed him any kind of special loyalty. And yet... paying off those musicians behind his back stung.

It was a peculiar sensation and he was taking a while to digest it; the last time he'd felt so personally betrayed had been when he'd been fired by his manager after the blow up with his producer. The end of that whole mess had ended with the death spiral of his career which had brought him to this very moment. It wasn't that anything Elora had said to justify what she had done had been wrong, logically, its that there was something far more to it than that. In going around behind his back in that way, paying them off, ushering them out the door.. it felt like a rejection. She was saying he'd been wrong and trying to tidy up the mess just as those others had always done, like he was a child who didn't know what he was doing. That she was right really only made it worse. Damnit he was in charge now!

As if that last puzzle piece sliding into place was what he'd needed to revitalize him he bolted up to his feet and headed down stairs. It took him a few minutes to find Elora, not having thought she'd retreat into the office were the specter of this whole mess for her starting had really begun and announced his arrival with a clearing of his throat. He was still wearing something of a blank mask, but hints of anger inspired by that last thought, had worked their way around the edges of his thought process.

"Do you think I am a fool?" he asked, perhaps one of the most direct (and dangerous) questions he'd ever asked Elora. He was moving as he said it walking into the room and looking around what had become a kind of green room for the acts who performed here. He supposed that made it a decent enough place to find a rest what with the extra furniture that had been pushed in here as a result; it looked nothing like it had when the old manager had worked from it. "I am not asking because I think you are lying about this particular issue, but because it is important for how we proceed from here."

He rested his hip on the arm of a sofa and semi-rested there with his arms crossed while he waited for her response.

(848)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 06:51 AM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

Hours gave Elora plenty of time to think things through. Her own actions, and the possible consequences. She wasn't sorry for what she had done. They had a business to run, to get off the ground and make profitable, and neither of them could afford for it to go under. It had just been business. Business that might end up being personally painful for her. Was this business, which Mercer had told her repeatedly was his and not theirs worth getting into trouble over? After several hours sitting in the office by herself, thinking it over, dreading what might be coming her way, she was still sure the answer was yes. Yes because it was her life as well, and yes because she cared about the bar, and yes, because on some level she cared about Mercer too. More than she would like to admit, considering all he had done to her, and was likely to still do.

The bar was so quiet in the predawn silence that she heard him coming down the stairs, tensed, then waited as he didn't come in. She wondered if she should go and look for him, but he'd made it clear that he wanted her out of his sight, so she waited. She was watching the door as he finally walked in, clearing his throat to make sure he had her full attention, as though there were every any doubt. He looked tired, and kind of still angry, and definitely still at least a little intoxicated. She quailed inside, but sat quietly, waiting to hear his pronouncement.

Instead he asked a question. A loaded one, for sure. She blinked at him and thought for a moment before answering. A rushed answer wouldn't please either of them, she was sure. 'No, Master. I don't think you're a fool. Not at all.' She swallowed, but she'd gone with honesty thus far and might as well see it out the same. 'I did once upon a time, before I really knew you. Not anymore. I think you're clever, shrewd, gifted, passionate and sometimes impulsive. Not a fool.' Perhaps not the most flattering description, but she doubted even he could argue that it wasn't him. She watched him evenly, knowing there was fear in her eyes, despite her resolve to face the consequences of her actions face on. This wasn't some order he had given her that she had defied and he was punishing her for. This was a decision she had made, on her own.

(419)
PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 06:53 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

"Impulsive..." Mercer said the word out loud for a moment as if tasting it, feeling how it felt in his mouth and then shrugged. She was right, he couldn't very well deny that much of what he did was pure inspiration of the moment. You could call that passion, spontaneity, or impulsiveness none was exactly inaccurate. It was the only word he said for a little while though as he stared at her trying to reconcile the emotions of betrayal she'd conjured with the somewhat scared young woman he was looking at. She hadn't done it on purpose, but she'd still done it and one couldn't just undo something like that.

"Fair enough," he nodded and reached a hand up to wipe across his lower jaw, rubbing for a few passes, "our problem is I don't think you understand what you've done wrong from my perspective and that's important.... otherwise I'm just yelling, or beating, or whatever at you...'impulsively.' And that doesn't do any of us much good."

"I know you've noticed how I've been studying about how to train slaves. There are many different ways to go about it... whole libraries worth of holos that claim to make you a brilliant trainer. Some of them recommend beating, dehumanizing, out right torture all kinds of things designed to strip bit by bit every shred of the person the slave once was so that they can be rebuilt as something else. It's brutal, it's awful, and I don't think either one of us wants that." He lifted his hands in a shrug, "so here we are. I get mad, hit you with the belt because you're not doing what I want, we do well for a few days and then we're right back where we started. So I'm just going to tell you what you did wrong, and then we're going to talk about what I'm going to do about it this time."

"You picked a side Elora," he said using her name for maybe one of the first times since those early days back at the bar. Even then he'd been more likely to refer to her by some kind of demeaning nickname.. 'sugartits,' 'sweetbuns' being two of his favorites with her. He'd done it on purpose here, his long thinking making him very unusually lucid and calm. "But more importantly you took a side in argument I was having... against me. Your actions said you think I was wrong. That is a problem for me... and so it's a problem for you."

"Now I can't help what you think about some of what I do, not unless I want to study to do things or send you off somewhere for 'training,' but I can expect you to behave a certain way. Right or wrong Elora, never take sides against me again. You are not allowed to act in public as if you think I am a fool. Never or I do promise you we'll find out if I have it in me do follow these programs, do you understand?"

(500)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 08:13 PM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

He didn't seem to particularly like being called impulsive, and she supposed it wasn't terribly flattering. It was true though, and honest, without being rude. She felt tense, wretchedly unsure as she watched him mulling things over. He seemed to be making an effort to be less impulsive in this case, maybe just to prove her wrong. When he finally spoke again his words were still measured and more thoughtful than she was used to. She winced a little as he turned the word back around, as though she had told him he was always impulsive, which she hadn't meant at all.

There had been little chance that she could have missed what he was studying. The thought of being trained already filled her with dread, and she paled, hands clutching at the underside of the chair to keep her balance as Mercer detailed what some of those training regimes were like. Outright torture, stripping away who she was... She felt faint with relief when Mercer said that wasn't what he wanted, 'No. Thank you, Master.'
She couldn't help a little protest, a quiet voice to point out, 'I wouldn't say we were right back at the start with no progress, Master.' If he truly thought that, then she thought she might cry. She was trying so hard, working so well, changing so much. Talking though, talking sounded reasonable. More than reasonable, and far more than she'd expected. So she listened attentively.

'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Master. I didn't mean to take a side against you, I swear. I just... I was thinking of you, and the bar, and your reputation...' but she'd explained all that already and he knew it all. She wiped at her eyes, tension and tiredness combining to bring her close to tears. She believed him, that if she did the same offence again he would take drastic actions to ensure that it wouldn't happen a third time. She thought back to the bathtub and wondered if that had changed him as much as it had her. He hadn't ever explained the problem and relied on her as a thinking, feeling person, to change her own behaviour. 'I'll never do it again,' she promised fervently. I'm your slave, I know that. I didn't realise... I see now though. I understand.' He was the master. He was allowed to do as he pleased, whether it was right or wrong. Regardless of if it was a good idea, or if they were both going to regret it later. Her job was to back him up. She was tied to him, for better or worse, to suffer the consequences of his decisions. The fact that right now she apparently wasn't going to be beaten or punished was making her feel slightly nauseous with relief.

(466)

PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 09:11 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

Elora was a lot closer to the mark than she knew in thinking back on the bathtub. Almost drowning her had shaken him up quite a bit and forced him to do some uncomfortable soul searching over the last several weeks. Introspection wasn't exactly a Mercer strong suit, but he'd muddled through it aided by probably toxic amounts of booze until he'd come to a few conclusions. He'd wanted Elora as his slave the moment it had occurred to him to make her so, but that wasn't because he wanted her a broken thing, it was because he liked her. And in his twisted mind he thought enslaving her was the only way likely to keep her around.

"Do you know the worst part of my life has been?" he said after a moment absorbing her apologies and easing himself up off of his perch to approach her. He looked down at her tear streaked face and ran a couple of fingers down the soft brown of her hair. Yes he wanted to keep her with him always, and while perhaps she might never be happy with him as a result, he did want her to be in some measure content. Otherwise every day was sure to be a trail of forcing her to do this or that, and while that might be fun occasionally, if it became never ending it was just too much like work. "I once heard my parents discussing how much money they might get for selling me or one of my siblings into slavery; we'd already begun to have problems and my families financials were never good. That was shortly before I decided to leave home for good... I mean once you hear that conversation who wants to sit around to see what happens next, right?"

"Then of course I happened upon learning that my 'girlfriend' was being paid by my manager to be with me. It was a way to keep me from getting distracted you see, focused on touring. Then my manager and producer colluding to shut me out, terminating my contract and tanking my career.... are you beginning to see where I'm going with this?" He asked after a moment looking at her more closely. To a degree the personal narrative of Mercer's life was one of constant betrayal by those who were closest to him at any particular phase in his life. It was why he couldn't have had a long term relationship with even Elora herself unless she was his slave... how could he when every experience in his life suggested it was only an invitation to being betrayed personally once again?

"I'm telling you this so that you can understand how serious I am that you cannot become one of those people who do things behind my back like that. I will not endure that," he moved his hand down to her chin and forced it upwards far enough that he could look her in the eyes. "If you have suggestions about what I am doing, you tell them to me, in private. You don't do them and then hope to explain it away later, are we clear?"

(524)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 12:40 AM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

In many ways, Mercer's more gentle, informative approach was having a greater impact than another beating would have. The physical punishments were horrific, degrading in every way, but she did spend most of her energy trying to get through them, rather than focused on what Mercer was upset about and why. This was different, and that difference helped drive home what a big deal it was.

She leaned her head into his hand as he stroked her hair, actually finding his presence comforting, as though she had been in disgrace and was being forgiven, absolved of guilt over her mistakes. Her heart twisted with sympathy as he related hearing his parents speaking about selling him. Whatever she thought of Mercer as he was, he was so obviously a product of his history that it was impossible not to feel for the child that he had been. So talented, that spark of genius would have been there already, before the shine had been taken off the world.

She had known some of the broader details of his life as a rockstar and the betrayal by his managers, but never a lot of details, especially those that were personally painful. Mercer kept those close to home. She nodded again, meek now, rubbing her face against his hand, letting him tilt her face upwards so she was looking up at him. 'I understand, and I'm very sorry. I'll never do it again, I promise. Never behind your back. You're the Master, and if I'm not sure about something, I'll talk to you about it first.'

If he released her face, she hesitantly leaned forward to press her cheek against his stomach, and wind her arms around his waist, stopping if he seemed displeased at the action. 'Am I going to be punished, Master?' she asked quietly, hoping that he might be willing to let it slide since they'd talked instead.

(317)

This post has been edited by Cara Tamir: Nov 29 2017, 12:53 AM
PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 04:57 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

"Do you think you deserve to be punished?" he asked in his second loaded question of the conversation. He wasn't entirely sure how to take her pressing up against his stomach in what seemed to him a kind of physical contrition. It surprised him, but he didn't prevent her from doing it instead leaving his hand lightly on the top of her head pretending it was something normal. He still wasn't entirely sure she understood the magnitude of this to him, but he was committed now for a moment to a different track for at least this occasion.

Mercer did not 'open up' often, someone who viewed themselves as set upon on all sides by those jealous of his talent-- usually by those closed to him, was ill equipped for heart to heart talks. If Elora hadn't been his slave he likely wouldn't have with her even now, but having that ultimate control over her shored up that part of his personality enough to be able to manage it in the moment when he was emotionally stirred up by his reaction to the recording. He still was if the truth was told, an apology was nice, assurances sounded sincere, but ultimately they were just words followed right away by questions about if she was to be punished more directly for this.

That was only natural he supposed in a lot of ways. Given how she'd learned to flinch every time she saw his hands so much as linger near a belt (and the fact that he did find a certain thrill in doing it) it was even more understandable. But it still created that little kernel of doubt. She doesn't mean it, that voice said, she's just trying to get out of being punished.

(294)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 08:58 PM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

Even Elora couldn't have explained why it was in any way comforting to cling to Mercer. He had, in no uncertain terms, ruined her life, raped and humiliated her, and intended to own her forever. But he was also all she had now. The only stable thing (not that he was particularly stable) in the unstable life he had presented her with. She had sat, alone and frightened, in this office for hours, dreading what might come. And when he had arrived, verdict in hand, it wasn't with pain or torment, but with words and warnings. She didn't know any other way to express her relief, and her gratitude. How unlikely it would have seemed, a few short months ago, that she would feel gratitude towards Mercer Amsterdam for not beating her.

His words made her pause, frozen in place for a minute while her mind whirred. Her answer, when it came was meek, voice quiet, 'I don't want to be punished, Master. I'm scared. But... if you did... I know I did the wrong thing.' That was about as diplomatic as it was possible to get. She knew she'd screwed up. She'd known it as soon as she'd done it. She'd known she was in for it as soon as she'd walked into the apartment that evening and seen the footage he'd found. And she'd spent hours sitting here trying to steel herself to accept a punishment she was sure was coming. She'd made her mind up as best as she could, to take what he dished out, because she'd actually done the thing to earn it. She didn't want to be punished. She certainly wasn't going to tell him she deserved it and ask for it, but after all of it, there was no way in hell she could honestly argue with Mercer that she didn't deserve it. She wasn't even game to tell him that she didn't need it. Telling Mercer what was or wasn't needed never seemed to go well.

(334)
PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 03:49 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

Mercer stroked Elora’s hair for a few more minutes as his unusually thoughtful mood played itself out with what she had said. It was his decision, it had always been, and that is as much why she was in trouble as anything else… she’d tried to make that decision for him. So in the end it wasn’t really that surprising that the question of if she was to be punished, and how was again going to rest with him.

“I’m going to give this some thought,” he said finally gently, but firmly pushing her away to break the embrace for now. He looked at her again as he resumed speaking, “In the meantime you’re going to stay in the apartment for the next couple of nights. You’re to take no part in what goes on downstairs, I’ll be taking care of that personally. I want you to spend some of that time thinking about what we’ve talked about too. Then we will have another conversation about this and I’ll make up my mind then.”

It was a very odd and measured pronouncement for Mercer. If it was decided upon by her calling him out on being impulsive or his emotionally bruised state that had rendered him unusually thoughtful was difficult to tell; likely some combination of the two had resulted in him coming out with a judgement that seemed almost parental. If Elora found that someone demeaning perhaps she could at least find solace in the fact it didn’t come with another lair of bruises across her ass…. Yet?

(259)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 04:41 AM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

She was shaking, trembling as she clung to him and he petted her. His question and her answer hung in the air between them, unresolved. More thought was more than she had ever expected from Mercer, and not at all unwelcome. She let him push her away now, wiping at her damp, tear-streaked face, 'Yes, Master. Thank you. I'm sorry I let you down. I hope, I hope I understand better now, so I don't do it again.' If having her stay in the apartment, in her cage, and think about what she had done was the price she needed to pay, she would pay it, and gladly. Compared to being belt over and beaten, or humiliated in some way, it was vastly preferable.

She stood, head lowered submissively, and if she was dismissed, she returned to the apartment, to finally wash her face and take off her dress and shoes. She didn't dawdle, putting her things where they went, cleaning her teeth and crawling into her cage. The only concessions she made were to take in an extra blanket and an extra bottle of water. If she was going to be locked in for a few days, and Mercer was going to be busy working downstairs, she didn't want to leave the work of remembering her comfort up to him. As usual, she left the gate open for him to close if he wished. Like the bathroom door, she was growing accustomed to closed doors being for his benefit, not hers. She wasn't allowed the privilege of a door to protect her or provide privacy.

(266)
PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 04:40 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

The incident with the credits wasn’t discussed again for several days. They were odd days, for the first time in weeks they didn’t talk about the bar, in fact Mercer didn’t talk much about anything during that time. It was almost enough to make one wonder if he had slipped into another of his deep depressions, but he was too active for that to be quite right. He just didn’t seem to have a whole lot to say. At night he disappeared down into the bar leaving Elora alone in the apartment where not even noise could tell her how things were going there. On the whole they went well enough. If Mercer lacked her experience and interpersonal touch, he also had the advantage of being the ‘boss’ and a certain magnetic charm when he cared enough to let it show.

Two new waitresses were hired and put to work (subject to what was becoming an almost ritualized hazing by the regulars of dousing their uniforms on their first night,) one new act debuted on the stage and Mercer tried not to grind his teeth through their entire performance. The crowds might have leveled off slightly from those first few nights of frantic curiosity that surrounded their reopening, but they were still strong, and the bar seemed on its way to becoming a modestly successful venture. No one was going to get rich running this place (especially not with the larger than average staff of waitresses, Mercer’s drinking habit, and payments for the stage acts) but a kind of comfort could be acquired on what was being cleared, particularly once Mercer finished paying off what he owed in loans and his music royalties began trickling in again. Of course that would be some time in the future unless some windfall allowed him to make good in a lump payment.

He found that he enjoyed the bar, at least as much as he truly enjoyed anything other than drinking, playing music, or screwing away the afternoon, but as he’d told Elora once before: it wasn’t his dream. As a result there was always going to be a built in limit to how much satisfaction he could derive from what to him would forever be a shadow of the life he’d always thought he’d be living at this moment in his life. By now he should’ve been at the peak of his career, worshiped by millions--- billions! But no, now he managed a dingy little bar on Xenedria and at least to him it seemed that every night his dreams were further and further away.

It was in this frame of mind that he thumped back up the stairs on the third night of his proscribed “time to think” period. As had become usual during this time he tended to answer questions about the bar in quick one word answers, grunts, or not at all…. Which actually left them relatively little to talk about. So when he slumped into a chair by the window with his glass and deliberately brought up the subject it was would come as something of a surprise.

“The new act is shit. Brother and sister act if you can believe it. I mean they stood up there all night singing duets with each other! Totally creepy. One of the two new girl’s quit, no real surprise there… the bouncers had a difficult time controlling that frenzy so she had a rough time of it. Nothing untoward really,” he added after a sip from his glass, “but she took several pitchers and one of the guys did get a bit handsy before Tiny and Smallfry got there.”

He sighed after another few moments. “Alright. Tomorrow night I’ve decided you can return to the bar… but I haven’t really made up my mind what if anything “punishment” wise. And I’d hate to make an emotional decision so I’m going to keep mulling it over in the meantime.” It was difficult to tell is his reference to ‘emotional decisions’ was sarcasm or a self-deprecating joke. There was certainly not indication of it in his voice either way.

(687)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 06:32 AM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

The days dragged, and who would ever have thought that Elora would long for Mercer Amsterdam's company and conversation? She missed the bar too, the work, and the satisfaction of it, and the bustle and hum of the patrons, even the drunk ones. Being secluded up here alone wasn't the worst punishment, not by far, but it certainly was a punishment. She kept a very close eye on Mercer, in the time that he was in the apartment, trying to remain polite and submissive, and not badger him with conversations she desperately wanted to have. She trusted him to run the bar. His bar, in her absence. In the hours he left her alone (and a lot of the daylight hours as well), she threw herself into her studies, completing more learning modules in a few days than she had in the last few weeks.

She was in the middle of reading over some notes on chemistry when he came back that third night, and she looked up and smiled at him in greeting, trying not to let his monosyllabic responses get to her too much. He didn't seem to need her, so she had just returned her attention to her work when he spoke, getting her full attention in a way that probably would have been very gratifying if he was in the mood to care for such things. A barrage of information, mostly unrelated came spewing forth, leaving her blinking, although she did have to smile at "tiny" and "smallfry" as names for the huge bouncers who kept the peace downstairs. 'Brother and sister love duets?' she asked, wrinkling her nose. 'Is that... popular? Would they be okay with different songs?' She didn't feel much about the new girl quitting. She hadn't even met her, after all. And it had occured to her that waitresses were going to quite quite often, and there wasn't any point getting hung up on it. The bar wasn't personal to them the way it was for her and Mercer. To them it was just a way to earn money.

Elora perked up noticeably at his decision, not that she'd thought he would keep her up here indefinitely, but it was a relief to have her stay in limbo ended, 'Thank you, Master. I'd like that very much. I promise I won't disappoint you.' Still undecided on the punishment, but she could live with that. She put her tablet aside and smiled at him, trying to feel out if he were in the mood for more conversation, 'I've been looking into some of the chemistry modules. You still wanted me to do those, right?' Possibly too late at night to bring up chemistry, she realised. He was probably tired, 'Ah... did you want me to turn your bed down for you?' That was a thing slaves did, right?'

(475)
PM
♔Mercer Amsterdam
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 02:48 PM

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
Single
- relationship status -
Musician
- occupation -
Elora Sol
- slaves -
N/A
- master -
Heterosexual
- orientation -

N/A

“I don’t know, maybe…” Mercer said slowly. “They weren’t specifically songs about brothers and sisters you understand it was just weird to hear them seeing love duets. I dunno, I suppose in this ‘enlightened’ modern age I ought to know not to judge but… I’m a judgemental guy.”

Yes Mercer was an ass, but at least he was comfortable with the knowledge.

“It might be worth having a talk with them, guess I’ll see how I feel about the hibby factor in the morning and decide then,” he sighed and carelessly kicked off his boots to let his feet sink into the overtly thick carpeting. The carpeting itself was terribly impractical; extremely difficult to keep cleaned, more expensive than something more simple would’ve been, and not the most flattering of colors if the truth be told. But it was sinfully comfortable on bare feet and Mercer had been oddly unwilling to compromise on that point--- given the real likelihood of Elora being shoved to her knees on it at some point it was an all around good feature of the apartment.

He gave her an odd look as she gave him more ‘assurances’ about her future behavior. It was becoming something of a theme in their… whatever this was. She’d do something, he’d get mad, punish her and she’d promise not to do it again. On the main she didn’t usually, she just found some other way to screw up and get back into trouble. They were both fumbling in the dark so it wasn’t that surprising… she in adapting to a situation it was clear she wasn’t getting out of, and him in trying to train someone to be that. In the end he suspected they were both doing a shit job of it and who knew where it would all end up eventually.

“Turn down my bed?”
He finally asked and cracked just a little bit of a smirk as he pulled his shirt up over his head and aimed it for a corner. “Sure, why not…”

He watched her for a minute moving about… in whatever she thought was the ‘right’ way to do this and a particular thought occurred to him. It was one that made him smile because he knew a way to end the limbo of her ‘punishment’ for both of them, have a little fun, and toss in the added bonus of making sure she didn’t move on mentally from being ‘sorry’ too quickly.

But that could keep until the morning, for now he was tired.

(423)
PMwww
Elora Sol
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 03:13 PM
- toy -
N/A

◇◇◇

Human
 - Age -
- Species -
N/A
- relationship status -
N/A
- occupation -
N/A
- slaves -
Mercer Amsterdam
- master -
N/A
- orientation -

N/A

While incest wasn't taboo as such, like it had been on the olden days on Earth, it still wasn't a very common kink, didn't hold any interest for her, and Elora was fairly sure that it wasn't something that Mercer wanted the bar known for. It would be limit the crowd they would attract. 'You don't have to be judging to know it's not what you want in your bar as the night's act.' Teasing slightly she asked, 'Would it be different if they'd both been attractive and female? Twins, maybe? Hot female twins?'

She watched him kick off his boots and silently went to pick them up and put them where they belonged. She quite liked the carpet, despite the colour. Her feet often ached after a night of running around in heels in the bar, and it was soothing to be able to walk around on the soft surface.

Elora didn't much care for the look Mercer gave her as she promised not to disappoint him. Whatever he thought, she considered that she tried very hard, in what was often an unpleasant situation. She might keep screwing up, but rarely made the same mistake more than once. He surely didn't expect perfection, did he? Because she was going to make mistakes, in his eyes, no matter how hard she tried. Unless of couse he just gave up on her and sent her to one of those trainers who broke slaves, like he'd been telling her about. Maybe he'd just try to do it himself, from instructions online.

She was glad she could make him smile, even a little. 'Well, it sounds nice, don't you think?' she added, wandering over to his bed and folding the covers back appealingly. "Housework" might have been her department, but in an apartment this small, with just the two of them, it wasn't hard to keep the place tidy, even with Mercer's tendency to toss half his wardrobe around every morning. She glanced up to see him smiling, and smiled back, unaware that his thoughts were far less pleasant for her than hers were.

(351)
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » Add ReplyNew Topic

DIRECTORIES

Distant Fantasies | RPG-D | | | |

STATIC AFFILIATES

www.AbaddonCity.com 18+ | | | THE UNDERGROUND |

| | Once Upon a Nightmare | |

SCROLLING AFFILIATES

Faded Echoes

skin by lauz of shine and candyland couture.

• C

• H

• A

• T

• B

• O

• X